BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 12, 2009

There's a new cat in town...

Thank you for checking out this blog. On Saturday, July 11, 09, John and I finally adopted a cat for the house - first cat I've ever had. He is really cute, yet somewhat shy, but likes to play when he comes around. His name is Remillard Crow. When we picked him up, his name was already Crow, which he responds to now and then. He is black and white as seen in the picture on the main page of this blog, he's a year old, indoor cat, which we want, fixsed, has claws, which we are being careful with, and lots of bounceability! Of course I'm not used ot this, so I didn't get very much sleep last night. I'm hoping somehow I can train him to sleep at night and play during the day, but he must have the mind of a hamster. :) We are finding out that he doesn't like to be cradled, but he does like to sit in your lap, as well as explore everything! Whenever we open a door he runs the other way, which is a good thing since we live on a busy street, and I really wouldn't want there to be a possibility of him getting squished. :( He really likes my patchwork quilt that I made, but this morning I folded it with the rough edges down, as he seemed to be getting his claws tangled up easily. He is very well adjusted, he took to John and me after casing the joint out for awhile. He's litter box trained, and we had no problem showing him where the box and his food are. I'm still trying to get him to use his bed, a "cubbyhole", as well as a scratching post, however, no luck. But the poor thing was parched yesterday after John left, I could hear it in his voice. He would pick at his food dish now and then but always ignore the water, but after I put him directly in front of the water dish he went to down like water was limited! I am a little nervous and skittish since John is gone in the evenings, leaving me to attempt sleep alone with the neurotic furball. He has a couple of toys that we've tried introducing to him, there's not a whole lot of interest in the mouse, but he seems to like the multicolored cat dancer. I'm having a hard time keeping him off the counters, but we're hoping after we pick up a water bottle today, we can gently wean him out of this habit. Stay tuned for many more stories and pictures to come! Feel free to subscribe to this post so you can "follow me", and add me to the Google Reader. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I went a whole day without blogging! GASP! :) Not much to say really... Wednesday night, Remi camped out on the fllor, under the bed, everywhere except on my bed until morning. Last night, being Thursday, John and I went out for a few hours, Remi noticed we were gone but he didn't burn the place down. Things are getting better with my sleeping at night but not as good as I would like the pattern to be. I know, I know, the catowns ME! ;) I have to ekep owning up to that fact. I just love how remarkably well behaved he is! He's already been chewing off a lot of the dangling fishing rod toy we bought for him, I might have to get another surprise for him soon. This morning I was eating breakfast and he climbed up onto one of the stools where he's not supposed to be, and was heading for the counter. At the same time I looked down at him to say no, he slipped off the chair and bounced, he basically fell. He's ok, I think I just startled him, he still likes me. :) I noticed a cat outside, saw this cat wandering around when we first moved in. He was eyeballing me through the back kitchen door and Remi was right there. I banged the fishing rod thingie on the window a few times and chased that cat away, although he looked like he was headed around the corner for our struggling produce garden. I hope he didn't retaliate. I'll try to get a picture of Remi jumping in the air for the fishing rod thingie, he's a kick!

    ReplyDelete