BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The day after...

I slept ok last night, better than I had expected for the first night without the cat. I felt confident about walking through the house in the dark without having to worry about stepping on the cat anywhere, however, it was difficult looking at the couch a few times today, which was one of his favorite relaxing spots, aside from the foot of my bed. I forgot to mention a few things in the blog yesterday... I think... so I thought I would cover them. If I had mentioned everything, sorry it's repetitive, I just don't feel like reading that post right now. :( A few things I forgot to mention about Remi... the most important... when he was on the table, before the Dr. came in the first time, he kept rubbing his head against my hand, he hadn't done that for several days. It was as if he knex exactly what was going to happen; he either was thanking me for taking care of him, having him put to sleep so he wouldn't suffer anymore, or saying goodbye, he didn't want to go, but he knew it was for the best. :(
One picture I really wanted to get but did not give myself the chance; a couple of times, he propped himself on the back of the couch and stuck his head out of the living room curtains; I wanted to take a picture from outside. I will not forget the one time he watched me take a bath, then shower down & wash my hair... that PERVERT! LOL!
One sad, final note.. when the Dr. asked which shelter we adopted through and we told him, "South Bay something or rather, South Valley maybe?), he did not have a high regard for them, he said they had problems with them before. :( We will do some very careful selecting with a couple of resources that we know personally before selecting another cat. Today was sad for me, and I will probably have a few in the near future to get over the initial shock and hurt. I'm hoping we can find an equally mellow cat that will live a full and healthy life...

No comments:

Post a Comment